From Cake Lab

Sunday, April 4, 2010

1st B-day Animal Party Cake


This was a fun cake to make! It came about as I wanted to practice my gumpaste sculptures as they are quite popular in the cake world these days. So after some trial and error I had these cute animals, and what better cake can show off chubby creatures than a first birthday cake? I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out...they do make me smile when I look at them :) Next time I try sculpting I will try something a little less simple, but this was a good next step into the world of gumpaste.



Oh and my sister Avery suggested I add party hats. She was hanging with me while I was working on the cake and asked if she could make them so I said sure why not. Only thing is I made the rabbit's hat, so it doesn't quite match all the others. I may keep these animals for future cakes and make new accessories for them depending on the theme of the cake (ie. Halloween).

No comments:

Post a Comment