From Cake Lab

Monday, May 24, 2010

"Music from the Movies" Cake

My mom is part of a choir group that recently put on a performance entitled "Music from the Movies". She asked me to make a cake for the party after the show and I thought it was a good idea. The cake was based off the promotional poster, which greatly influenced the color choices and font. The film strip was without a doubt the most time consuming decoration, but I feel like it was definitely worth the effort. Really enjoying working with the pre-made Satin Ice rolled fondant as it means I don't have to spend time making my own marshmallow fondant, and it also is available in many vibrant colors. As far as comparing tastes, I'd say they're both pretty similar. I don't really have a preference, but I rarely eat the fondant anyway as cakes are already sweet enough as is. It's really just a good decorating tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment