From Cake Lab

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 New Years Cake


2010 is finally over! What a year it was.
I determined back in February that I wanted my future to be with custom cakes, but finding the right "path" wasn't so easy. Should I have attended culinary school, looked for an internship, or find a job? In the end I concluded that the best option for me would be to start my own thing in a safe environment and go from there.
I had many doubts about this path, but thanks to the support of family, friends, and even people I don't really know, I took the plunge and went for it.
For a new biz, 2010 was not a bad year, but it is definitely safe to say I only got what I put into it. I was too easily distracted by life to put all my energies into my new business, but with the new year comes renewed vigor, and although 2011 has just begun, it looks like it is going to be an amazing year.

A Look Back



Yeah...definitely not my most impressive cake.
This was my 4th or 5th cake, and looking back...it's worse than I remember.
BUT the great thing about looking back is I can see how far I've come. After more than 35 cakes in 2010, I have learned so much about the art of cake decorating.
While the 2011 cake is fairly simple, it is a vast improvement from the previous year's, and I'm excited to see the progress that will be made in the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment