From Cake Lab

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hello Kitty Cake

Damn.
41 blog posts in 2010.
36 blog posts in 2011.
2 blog posts in 2012...
And this is my first entry for 2013.
I guess it's safe to say I haven't given my business all the attention it requires.  The importance of blogging is pretty huge as search engines love them.  Just do an image search for a Abby Cadabby, Marvel Comics, or Tangled Tower Cake, and a Cake Lab photo will appear near the top.  Blogging is obviously a great way to build an audience.  I guess it was easier to put more effort into my Cake biz back in Maine.  It was all I really had there.  Now that I'm in San Diego I have a lot more distractions...but I need to sometimes step back and remember what I want out of life.  So anyway, this is me taking one step forward.
 
This was a pretty simple cake, not a whole lot to it, just a Hello Kitty face.  All edible and really nothing too challenging.  I made numerous Hello Kitty cakes during my time at Twiggs and Sweet Cheeks but this is the first time making the face out of cake.  Always more fun when the project involves sculpting cake...except that means I have to face the tempting scraps.  Still been munching on them five days later...

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back to blogging Zach (can't believe I missed this when it was first posted.)...look forward to reading your posts/seeing new cakes being put out there.

    ReplyDelete