From Cake Lab

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Suitcase Cake

My sister Ari spent the last semester studying abroad in Singapore. She just arrived home yesterday and I made her a cake to welcome her back. I thought a suitcase cake would be appropriate, and she actually does have a set of purple luggage. The "stamps" represent all the places she visited while she was there (Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia twice (Bit Tan & Bali), and Malaysia).



Nothing too new about this cake, but it did offer a lot of good practice. Although, now that I've made a suitcase cake I know how I would make it better second time around. The clasps on the cake allowed me to try out my edible gold spay paint which is pretty cool. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
Welcome home Ari!

No comments:

Post a Comment