From Cake Lab

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Flowers Cake


My sister Avery asked me to make a cake for a tea party she was planning on attending. She found a picture of a cake she liked online and asked me to make something similar, and it pretty much looked like this. I used the Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake recipe, the same one I used for the Topsy Turvy cake as it was a hit. The cake was filled with cookies n cream filling. The only thing I will try differently next time is to try using less sugar. There is already plenty of sweetness in the fillings and fondant (something I don't even eat anyway as there is enough sugar as is), so I don't know if all the sugar in the cake itself is really necessary.



Not much to say about this cake, it was a pretty simple design but turned out well. Only thing that would have made it a bit better would to have some more cookie cutters.
There are a few more photos on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment